#ReadthemallThon Readathon: Celadon City Gym

Thursday, August 18, 2016


Hi Everyone! Just stopping with my first review for the #ReadThemAllThon Readathon. For the first gym, I have read the book "Orginials' by Adam Grant. I believe that with reading this book, I should be at +20 for taking the gym, +20 for the review. +33 for pages read (this book is 336) long, and +4 for two tweets. (My first tweet and the one I will post as soon as this is live!) So I think Nidoran (female) is now at 87 CP. (She started at +10)



Originals
Adam Grant


In this book, we are met with those people who are non-conformist. I chose this as a book that represents diversity, because the people are not just following along with the crowd are the people who are highlighted in this book.

I thought the book did a good job of highlighting some of the non-conformists of our time. For example, they use Warbly Parker, the Women’s Suffrage movement as points of reference. In a particularly interesting study they compared behaviors of different types of browsers that people used. They found differences in those who used what was given to them by default and those that were willing to change up the browser that they utilize.

My favorite part of the book was the ‘Actions for Impact’ and here are few of my ‘golden nuggets.”
1) Question the Default
2) Seek More Feedback
3) Highlight the reasons why not to support your idea (when trying to gain support)
4) Welcome Criticism
5) Emphasize Values Over Rules

I recommend this book for anyone who is thinking about ways in which they can do things differently. This book challenges the status quo and I found that very interesting.  

Have you read this book? Did you enjoy it?

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS