Book Nerd Bites: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and Pumpkin Pasties

Friday, August 26, 2016



Book Nerd Bites is an original monthly feature created by some lovely book bloggers Becca, Cyra, Kristie, Natasha, and I as part of the Book Blogger Creativity Project hosted by Nori. Thanks to my team for coming up with a fun and creative way to satisfy both our book-- and actual appetites!  
Each month we will be sharing exciting recipes inspired by some of our favorite books. Feel free to join in, but please make sure you link your post back to us so we can enjoy your favorite bookish delights as well!

Don't forgot to use if you want to share your food inspiration with us on twitter or instagram!

Today for my first post for this project, I will be featuring...Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!


I have been dreaming about this book for awhile and I am so glad that is finally here! I pre-ordered it but Amazon did not bring it to me until Monday night. I had to stay off of Twitter just to be sure that I did not get spoiled.

The book is written in a screen play format. I am not used to reading in that format, so it was different but I felt I was able to follow along decently. I think that some of the scenes are meant to be seen and I look forward to the day that the play makes its way to the USA. I was happy to be reunited with Harry, Ron, and Hermione and find out how their lives have been going. I could say alot more, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read it yet.
 

However until then, I teamed up with my team to make some yummy inspired Pumpkin Pasties.

Here is the recipe: (Credit to the Geeky Chef for this information)


Ingredients:
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups fresh sugar pumpkin (or 1lb. canned)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tbs. melted butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. cardamom
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 can evaporated milk
18 oz. pie crust pastry (enough for four single standard pie crusts)





Directions:
If you don't know how to prep fresh pumpkin, here's some instructions.
Add eggs and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix until well blended. Stir in the pumpkin, butter, salt and spices. Add evaporated milk and mix well. Bake the filling in a large casserole dish that has been buttered or sprayed with pam. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 45 minutes or until your fork comes out clean. Let the filling cool completely. Make or purchase pie crust pastry. Roll pastry thin and cut into circles about 4 inches in diameter. Put a spoonful of the pumpkin mixture towards one side of the center of the circle. Fold over the crust into a half-circle and firmly crimp the edges closed. Cut with a paring knife three small slits in the top for venting. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees only until crust is a light golden brown, around 10 minutes. Brush each with some butter and dust with cinnamon and sugar.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the teams posts for this week! :)

Monday – Cyra
Tuesday – Natasha (Me)
Wednesday – Becca
Thursday – Kristie
Friday – Valerie
Saturday – Nori

Have you read this book? Happy Reading and Eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS