#CountdowntilGG Readathon

Wednesday, August 17, 2016




Hi Everyone!
I am excited to announce that today officially marks 100 days until the new Gilmore Girls episodes arrive!! For those who don't know, it is my favorite show and I just love it!  I am so excited for the new episodes and I really wanted to share with you something fun to continue the excitement!!

Summary:
Get excited for the new Gilmore Girls episodes by participating in the #CountdowntilGG Readathon. Hosted by @hesaidbooksorme from Wednesday August 17-November 24, 2016. The goal is to read books that inspire you based off the characters of the TV show. You must follow me on Twitter (@hesaidbooksorme) and comment on the introduction post to be eligible to win. Prizes include Lauren Graham’s (Lorelai’s) new book, a signed copy of Red Rising, 2016 ARC of ‘The Reader’, My Lady Jane, 2016 ARC of Girl in Pieces or a $20 Amazon gift card.

Detailed Information:

What:
To that end, I will be hosting the #CountdowntilGG Readathon! This one is all about reading books that have been inspired by the characters of our beloved TV show!

When:
Starting Today-- Wednesday August 17, 2016- until November 24, 2016! (The day before the new episodes arrive!) (Note: I am going to leave the contest open all three months, so feel free to sign up at anytime.)

How:
Your goal is to try to get a bingo on the card I made below. This is a bingo that involves any 5 squares (or 4 squares and the free space) in any direction. You get a 'bingo' by reading a book that you think the character would like to read. If you need insight about the characters, check out this list. Your selections can be any book! You tell me why you think it inspires your choice!   

There will be a monthly check in for September, October, and a final one in November. This is how you will 'officially report' your progress. This check in post will be posted on my blog and you will need to simply comment on your status. If you have a blog, I would love if you would link me up with a post on your status, but that is not required. I will be sending out reminders through Twitter for the monthly updates. Feel free to subscribe to have my blog posts emailed to you, through Bloglovin’ and/or follow me on Twitter @hesaidbooksorme so you can get the reminder. 

Bonus-- if you read at least one book per bingo that is mentioned in the TV show you will get one extra entry for each bingo that you complete. (The link above will take you to a list of those books referred to as the show list below. Reading books off this list will give you double entries!)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw1daVVJboeGWWtEM25zZGxUTkE

If you wish to have a printed version of the bingo card with steps you should take to enter this contest, please click here.

To Enter: Using the comments below, let me know that you are participating and make sure to follow @hesaidbooksorme on twitter. On the 17th of each month, I will send updates through twitter and link back to this post on my blog. At the end of the contest (November 24th) using the comments on THIS PAGE ONLY, I will pick names randomly for each tier. You must be following @hesaidbooksorme on twitter, as I will be contacting each winner through DM to get your mailing address. There are no entry fees or cost to win (postage, etc.)

Feel free to create an introduction post letting me know what you will be reading or are at least considering! Then feel free to add a comment below and feel free to link your own blog (if you have one) letting me know you plan to participate! Feel free to use the graphics and the bingo card, I created them just for this challenge! :)

Prizes: This contest is open both US and internationally, so I hope you will participate and tell others! Winners are eligible to win only one tier of prizes, though as you read more, you may be eligible for a higher tier prize. For example, if you complete 3 bingos, your name will be entered in the “One Bingo” drawing, the “Two Bingo” drawing, and the “Three Bingo” drawing. The more you read, the more chances you have to win!

One winner will be selected for each of the following tiers (one winner/tier):
One Bingo:
A copy of “Gilmore Girls” star, Lauren Graham’s New Book, “Talking As Fast As I Can.” Due Out November 29, 2016

Two Bingo's:
Your choice of one of two books:
1) Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of “The Reader” by Traci Chee
2) “My Lady Jane” by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Asthon, and Jodi Meadows.

Three Bingo's: 
Your choice of one of two books:

1) Signed Copy of Red Rising by Pierce Brown or
2) An ARC of Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Gasglow

Blackout (You read a book for each character and your entire card is covered. This means 24 books read before the deadline):
$20 gift card to Amazon!

Follow Me:
I will be sharing updates on Twitter and on Instagram. On both sites I use the name @hesaidbooksorme. This will be the best way to contact me and get the latest information about the challenge! Don't forget to use our hashtag #CountdowntilGG often :) You must be following me in order to be able to win!

Questions:
I am sure that there will be questions about this, so please feel free to leave a comment below or ask away on twitter! I will try my best to get back to you as soon as I can!

Happy Reading!  

11 comments:

  1. This is the section where you sign up! Just let me know that are:

    1) Planning to Participate
    2) What your thoughts on your goal might be-one bingo? Blackout?

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah and please don't forget to follow me on Twitter! @hesaidbooksorme I will be giving updates there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, this looks like so much fun! Great idea! I just started watching GG the summer with my mom and we love it! Anyway, I wish I was able to participate, but I won't have time to with school starting again so soon. Good luck to all who do participate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so glad you guys are catching up the TV show. I love it too! Good luck with the school year. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh.my.goodness. Valerie, this is an amazing idea! Plus, I am all for having a Readathon more than 1 week long. I am excited to see what everyone chooses for the characters. ;)
    I am participating! I hope to get 3 bingos.
    My blog for updates: katiebibliophile.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @KatieHarness1

    I love Gilmore Girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so glad that are participating! :) Woohoo! Good luck with reading and please let me know if you need anything/have any questions!

      Delete
  5. I'm participating!! This is such a fun idea with bingo! I really want to start watch GG so this is a perfect opportunity! My blog is: http://myenchantedbookcase.wordpress.com/ and my Twitter is @myenchantedbook
    I can't wait to get started!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so glad you will be joining us! Please let me know if you have any questions. Have you set a goal on how many bingo's you are going to try for? Good luck!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS