#VASRP Wrap Up
Friday, September 9, 2016
Just stopping by to wrap up the program I was hosting, the Virtual Adult Summer Reading Program (#VASRP) with Octavia at @ReadSleepRepeat. I cannot believe that it is already over! I hope that those of you who participated had a great time. I sure did and now I can successfully say that I have co-hosted a readathon. This was a first for me and I am so glad that I got to try out this side of the readathon process. I have discovered that I really enjoy it!
Here are a few things I learned along the way...
1) Creating a plan ahead of time was great. This helped me to know where I should go at all times and this was key to the success of the project.
2) 3 months is a very long readathon. It was fun and I am glad we had the mini-challenges, but sometimes when things last that long it is easy to get 'distracted.'
3) The Twitter chats were awesome and so much! I am so grateful for Octavia's help in those. She kept the conversation flowing!
4) Having helper bees to get the word out like @brittany_reads was awesome! :) Thank you!
5) The participants were the best part of this program! Thank you guys for taking a chance on this and trying this out with us. You're the best!
In addition to co-hosting, I read along with the program. While I enjoyed that, I think at times it was hard to stay focused on doing both. I am happy though with the 12 books I finished.
Did you participate in the program? What did you think?