Book Review: Distance from Me to You

Friday, September 18, 2015





Author: Marina Gessner 
 
Summary from Goodreads:

This is the story of McKenna and the adventure she has on the Appalachian Trail as a thru-hiker. What she had planned to be a hike with her best friend, soon changes. She ends up heading on the trail alone and meets Sam. Sam has a troubled past, that soon results in some interesting experiences on the trail. 

Disclaimer: I was awarded this book as part of the Penguin ‘First to Read’ program. Though I did not pay for the book, the opinions are strictly my own.


Personal Review:
I wanted to love this book, but I didn’t. I usually like the dark, mysterious stranger type of character. However in this case, I felt that Sam was just a bad influence on McKenna. He seemed to do always be doing strange things and he made her question who she was. That said, I did like the setting for the story. I did like the way the story was written. I did like McKenna’s character.


Perhaps part of the dislike I felt for his character was part of what the author intended. I think that there is a lot of symbolism in the two difference of characters. It was a coming together of two people who traditionally maybe wouldn’t have been together. That said, I still prefer stories with a strong female lead. I think that is a good thing for me to know about the types of books that I pick in the future. I appreciate the opportunity to read this book.
 
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS