Book Review: Alan Turing

Thursday, September 10, 2015



Author: Andrew Hodges

Summary from Goodreads: This is the story of Alan Turing, British mathematician. The book starts with his early life, and continues on through his development of a universal machine and solving of ciphers during the War. Meanwhile all of the other while all of the other personal aspects of his life are scrutinized. An interesting book, worth the read.

Personal Review:
I really enjoyed this book. I found Alan and the complexities of his life to be interesting. What a gift he had to be able to develop and create the he did. I am jealous of those abilities.  He had a brilliant mind and the world is a better place because he was able to put it to good use.


My husband was the one who recommended this book to me. He had seen the movie about him and thought I might enjoy the book. I will have to check out the movie now that I have finished the book.
 

An interesting read, I would recommend this to others for those who are interested in computer science, cryptology, and ciphers. It is not a short book by any means, but worth the time and effort to read it.


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS