Book Review: Flicker and Mist

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Hi Everyone!

I am excited to be here today with you discuss a book that has been on my TBR for over a year because I had the chance to do an early promotion of the cover for it. Now that the book has finally released, I was looking forward to diving into this one. (I'm so glad I did!) 


For my local DC friends, there is an event at One More Page tonight with the author. I won't be able to go due to conflicts, but I hope you can and have a wonderful time!

**************************

Author: Mary G. Thompson
 
Summary:
"Mixed-race heroine Myra is a Flickerkin and can flicker (become invisible) at will. She hasn't cultivated or revealed this ability, since Flickerkin are persecuted as potential criminals and spies. When invisible people become tricksters and then murderers, Myra's Flickerkin heritage becomes a deadly secret, putting her relationship with the leader's son-and her own life-in jeopardy."

Event Information:
Wed, Jan 18 at 6:30 pm: Join One More Page to celebrate the launch of Mary G. Thompson's new Young Adult fantasy novel FLICKER AND MIST which weaves romance, intrigue and plenty of action into a rich and suspenseful narrative. She'll discuss the writing process, take audience questions, and sign books. A wine tasting precedes the discussion and there will be CUPCAKES!!

Personal Review:
If you love fantasy, this is the book for you. In this book, we meet Myra who has special abilities. She has never wanted to use those, but with the world changing around her, she has to make a decision. In this learning about who you are, where you stand against the world book, Myra learns about herself and where she can help.


I enjoyed this book because not only was it entertaining, but the themes throughout made you think about loyalties. What is it that you believe in and what is it that you are willing stand for. I appreciated those concepts very much.

I recommend this book for those looking for an imaginative read that keeps you entertained. Thanks Mary for the opportunity to review this book. And please check out her event tonight if you get the chance! :)

Disclaimer: I was awarded this book from the author. Though I did not pay for the book, the opinions are strictly my own.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS