Reading Recap

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by today with a couple of mini reviews of books that I have reading for the book challenges that started in 2017.

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
This book was recommended to me by my mother in law. I found the book an interesting read, especially considering that we will be going China this year! (For vacation) I found out alot about a culture that I did not know much about and I found this to be interesting way to learn about it, by following the lives of those in it.

The Walls Around Us
Sometimes it is hard to admit what happened in situations. This book speaks to that dynamic and the story of how it impacts multiple people's lives. The themes of justice, friendship, and loyalties all play out in this interesting read.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before
This book was very cute. This was the story of Lara Jean. Her personal letters to the boys that she has loved get released to them and it creates some interesting dynamics in her world. A young at heart book, I enjoyed this read and I am looking forward to the next one.

The Way I Used To Be
I decided to buddy read this book with my friend @brittany_reads. What a powerful book. I was warned that you might need Kleenex for this one and that was no joke. This book is about the events that happen follow a sexual assault at different points in the main characters life. This book was not easy to read, but powerful.

The Art of Being Normal
I have to be honest, I thought that this book was going to be about a student who identifies as gay. Turns out, it is actually about a student who identifies as transgender. This book is David and his desire to become female. This book was another powerful read and I hope that it will be a piece that those in that same place can relate to and know that they are not alone.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS