Book Review: Vent

Thursday, December 22, 2016



Author: Robert K. Swisher Jr
 
Summary from Goodreads:
VENT is the first ever reader participation book. During the story about two people accidentally meeting, the reader is asked YES and NO questions that run from the pertinent to the riduculous, and includes scandilous topics mankind seems to obsess themselves with. Following the questions, there are several lined spaces for the reader to write their opinion allowing them to vent without being interrupted by someone that does not believe as they do. VENT is funny, sarcastic, political, pertinent and also exposes information the mainstream media avoids.



Personal Review:Let me just start off by saying that I have never read a book like this before. That being a book where you actually can add your own thoughts to the pages of it on lines provided. I have seen where people add their own notes to the edges, but this was different. Not different good or bad, just plain different.

I enjoyed that this book made me think. Not only about the story, but on my personal views of the world. I have learned that there are some topics that I feel more strongly then others. In those sections, I could have written much more. Others not so much. An interesting way of engaging the reader throughout. I would love to have something like this in English class in high school.

I think it would be interesting to have people complete this book once and then revisit it in another couple of years to see if their perspectives have changed. I enjoyed the book and it certainly made me think. If you are looking for a book that is off the beaten path, then this might be a good for you.

 Disclaimer: I was awarded this book from the author. Though I did not pay for the book, the opinions are strictly my own.

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Wow this seems so interesting! Thanks for the review. I will definitely add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! :) It was very different than anything I had ever read before.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS