Book Review: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

Monday, June 22, 2015


Author: Jesse Andrews
 
Summary from Goodreads: This is the story of Greg, Earl, and Rachel-the dying girl. A funny book intended to be part coming of age, part dealing with a hard situation, this book delivered a unique message: Even in the wake of a bad situation or in one you had not attended, the other people in your life change you.

Personal Review:
I liked this book, but it was not what I expected it to be. I think reading it right after “Me Before You’ was not the best choice. (My problem=not the books) Both books dealing with death, but two very different approaches. 



That said, it was a quick interesting read. I found there to be good character development of Greg and Earl both. I found Rachel’s character a little harder to read, but I think it was intentional. I know that this book was recently made into a movie. I am curious to see it all play out on the screen. I tend to prefer the books, so this will be an interesting one to compare.

Happy Reading! 

 *Note: This is my green book for the #Rainbowthon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS