Book Review: Daily Meditations for Calming Your Angry Mind

Thursday, July 2, 2015



Author: Jeffrey Brantley and Wendy Millstine

Summary from Goodreads:
This book is a quick guide for coping with anger and the impact it has on your body. The authors utilize some ideas related to meditation for helping to cope with that strong emotion.    

Disclaimer: I was awarded this book in a Goodreads giveaway. While I did not pay for the book, the opinions expressed in this book are strictly my own.


Personal Review:
This was an interesting book. I have to admit that I rarely get angry. In turn, I am not sure that I am the targeted audience for this book. That said, I did enjoy the read because it gave me some insight into meditation. Full disclosure here, I like  tend to worry. I know that it doesn’t always suit me and I thought that if I can become more mindful and aware of my situation, maybe it would help. So a lot of the time I was replacing anger with thoughts of worry.


While that not be the intended purpose, a number of the items in the book applied. I liked the background and the research. I enjoyed the practical approach. The authors have written another book that is called daily mediations for calming your anxious mind and I think that might be another book that I need to look into further. All in all, a good quick read.


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS