Book Review: Three More Words

Wednesday, July 29, 2015



Author: Ashley Rhodes-Courter


Summary from Goodreads:

This book offers insight into the next phases of Ashley’s life. Her childhood was filled with memories of being transferred from foster home to foster home, until she finally finds a place to call her own. The book shows vulnerability of the author as she tries to make sense of the memories that have left an impact on his life over the years. This book is the next part of Ashley’s life as she gives back to the system that raised her. I enjoyed the book. 

Disclaimer: I was awarded this book in a Goodreads giveaway. While I did not pay for the book, the opinions expressed in this book are strictly my own.


Personal Review:
I really enjoyed this book. I cannot imagine the pain that Ashley experienced growing up. Instead of letting that control who is she is though, she decides to embrace it. This is her story of being married, being a foster parent herself, and the battles she fights every day.

 

I find it admirable of the author to want to document the memories she had and learn something from them. The experiences she has helped shaped who she is and I found that a very interesting story to read. 


All in all, I have to say that I enjoyed the book.
 
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS