Book Review: The Vacationers

Thursday, July 2, 2015



Author: Emma Straub

Summary from Goodreads:
This book is of Franny and Jim and their children, on a summer vacation they will never forget. They are accompanied by others who add humor and perspective about the challenges they face during the stay.


Personal Review:
This book was one that suggested by one of my favorite authors, Elin Hildebrand. I found it an interesting book, but had a hard time with the plot of this book. While the commonality was the location, I found that the many story lines were a bit hard to follow at times. I especially did not like Sylvia’s storyline, as I found it to make her seem desperate, when in reality she was hurting due to a bad situation.


The parts of the book I did like was the idea for the story. I love to travel and I love hearing about places where people can come together. I enjoyed that it was written as a quick read and it was a nice compliment to the summer sun.

 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS