Book Review: Hurricane Summer

Friday, June 5, 2015


Author: W.Z. Nelson

Summary from Goodreads:
This book follows Emily and her whirlwind of a summer at Cape Cod. She encounters a variety of adventures, while learning to cope with the many changes that are happening around her.  She learns that she has herself to rely on and the strength to help her family out.   

Disclaimer: I was awarded this book in a Goodreads giveaway. While I did not pay for the book, the opinions expressed in this book are strictly my own.


Personal Review:
This was an interesting book. I enjoyed the author’s reflection of the setting in this book. You can tell that there is closeness that she has experienced with the Cape. I find the type of nostalgia for the memories of childhood enduring and appreciate the fact that the author has taken the time to capture them in the form of story.


The flow of the plot for me on this one was a little hard to follow at times. There were several stories, but we often jumped back and forth between various stories and then would revisit them in the later chapters. All of the information was there, I just felt it could have been a bit more tied together.


I valued Emily’s storyline and the courage she had to develop to face what was coming her way. 

 
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS