Book Review: A Man Called Ove

Monday, June 22, 2015



Author: Fredrik Backman
 
Summary from Goodreads: This is the story of Ove, a cranky old man that despite his outside exterior has a heart of gold. The book discusses some of the reason why he is the way that he is. A story of one’s life and how it shapes who you are, a read I would recommend to others.


Personal Review:
I really enjoyed this book. I found Ove and the complexities of his life to be interesting. Several pages made me stop and ponder how the situation he encountered changed his life. 


Throughout the book are several beautiful quotes that I wanted to share here:
 

All the roads you walk in life, in one way or another, lead to what has been predetermined for you.
 
A time like that comes for every man, when he chooses what sort of man he wants to be. And if you don’t know the story, you don’t know the man.


Ove had never been asked how he lived before he met her. But if anyone had asked him, he would have answered that he didn’t.


Happy Reading!



*Note: This is my blue book for the #Rainbowthon! 

1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS