Book Review: Steve Jobs-Insanely Great

Monday, June 1, 2015





Author: Jessi Hartland

Summary from Goodreads:
This book is a graphic novel outlining the life of the infamous Steve Jobs. In the 13 chapters it covers some of the major highlights of his life including his childhood, creative thought processes, and transformation of the Apple computer. 

Disclaimer: I was given an ARC of this book while attending BookCon 2015. While I did not pay for the book, the opinions expressed in this book are strictly my own.


Personal Review:
I really enjoyed this book. I think the fact that was different from my regular reads set it apart. I liked that there were pictures that animated the story of Steve’s life. Whatever your opinion of him or his products, there are some interesting philosophies that I believe are helpful in life. One of those is the concept of simplicity. The older I get the more inclined I am to want to have a simple, easier life. Life is not easy and it is not easy to do this, but something I strive for.


Additionally, I love that Steve didn’t let his creative stop. You can tell from early in life, he thought and dreamed big. I love that. The quote near the beginning of the book is great. “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The square pegs in round holds. The ones who see things differently. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” That’s some powerful thoughts there!

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS