Book Review: Sister Eve, Private Eye

Monday, June 1, 2015





 Author: Lynne Hinton

Summary from Goodreads:

This book follows ‘Sister Eve’ as she takes a break from work to return home to take care of her father Jackson Divine. Her father is a retired police captain who now serves as a private detective. Prior to his surgery, he had agreed to take on a case of a missing Hollywood director. When the missing man becomes a murder victim and her father is recovering, it soon up Sister Eve to help solve the case. The book is her adventures in doing so and along the way, the self-discovery of a vocation near and dear to her heart.


Personal Review:
I really enjoyed this book.  I picked it up because I won a copy of the second one in the series off of Good Reads. (Review of that one to come!) If you enjoyed the Sister Act movies, it was along that line with some suspense, a mystery, but also some self-discovery. I loved those movies as a child, so this book was very comfortable for me.

 

I liked that I could read this one pretty quickly and that I was not sure who was guilty. I found the conclusion to be an interesting one. I am looking forward to reading the second book.
 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS