Reading Recap

Sunday, June 26, 2016



Hi Everyone!

Just popping by quick with a couple of mini summaries from books that I have been reading lately.

A Corner of the Universe
I first heard about this book from my blogging friend Melissa. She suggested it because she knows that I am a big fan of Ann M. Martin! I really liked this book because it was very different than the typical books I have read from her. This book has to do with mental illness and how you make sense of that. In this case, it is from a character who has never met her Uncle before. I enjoyed the book very much.

Summer Days and Summer Nights
A collection of short stories from a group of YA authors. I enjoyed these stories very much. Especially the ones from Stephanie Perkins and Veronica Roth. I was told that there was actually a book that came out before this one that I need to go back and read! I enjoyed the fun summer atmosphere and hope that they continue to write two more books-one for Fall and one for Spring!

Night
What a powerful book. This book is the story about the holocaust. There were passages that don't sit easily with the reader. That said, it was deeply powerful and I appreciated the opportunity to learn more about this period in time. I enjoyed this book.

Dietland
This is the book about Plum and her own struggle with her weight. But it is more than that, there is also a twist to this story and her life that is going on right in front of her. When that life is exposed, it creates for a very interesting read. I am not exactly sure how to describe in detail without giving away too many spoilers. I think for those people who enjoy a 'coming of age' novel with a twist, this might be the book for you.

What have you been reading lately? Have you read any of these?

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I loved My True Love Gave To Me, Stephanie Perkins' first anthology! I'm really looking forward to reading Summer Days & Summer Nights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to read My True Love Gave to Me! :) Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS