Book Review: The Sun is Also A Star

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Photo Credit: Good Reads


Author: Nicola Yoon

In the latest book by Nicola Yoon, we met Daniel and Natasha. Daniel is Korean and has tried very hard to fullfill his parents expectations. Natasha is Jamaican, bases her life on facts, and is facing some tough times ahead with her family. When the two of them meet, it is a whirlwind 12 hours that takes place.

The first thing I appreciated about this book was the diverse characters. I have to say that we don't encounter that enough. I appreciated hearing about another culture and their experiences and what it was like to be them. I think that one of the biggest reasons I liked this book was because of the characters. The author does a good job of capturing who they are and sharing that with the reader.

The book plot was one that quick moving and was one that made you want to know what would happen next. I appreciated that the author provided an ending that was appropriate for the story and the epilogue that followed.

If you enjoy cute contemporary books or books about diverse individuals, you may have an interest in this one. I was able to participate in this book tour as part of the Around the World ARC Tours. Thanks for this opportunity.


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS