Reading Recap

Saturday, July 23, 2016



Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by quickly with a summary of some of the books I have been reading lately.

Small Great Things
This book was eyeopening and moving at the same time. In the latest novel by Jodi Picoult, we are presented with the topic of racism. This book was deep, educational, and powerful all at the same time. I love how the author is able to weave together a story that keeps you wanting to keep reading until the very end. When you do and the unexpected occurs, I love it all the more. This book is high up there on the list of books that I have read this year. I will be recommending this to all of my friends. Thank you Random House for the opportunity to review this title.

Giant Days 2
In the follow up to the volumes, we continue getting to know the characters and the struggles that they encounter on a more regular basis. While the topics are not always straight forward as one might hope they are good ones to think about. The illustrations were nicely done. I liked the story and I was glad to see that this is continuing.

Lily and Dash’s Book of Dares
When Lily finds a notebook and meets a new secret friend, it soon takes her on a quest of a completing a set of dares. As her secret pal also does the dares she sets up for him, they start to get closer and closer. The book follows their story about how everything plays out. I don’t want to give out any spoilers about what happens, but I found this one to be a cute story. I liked the story line and the adventure that the characters went on. A good read.

The Left Us Everything
In this moving book, we are greeted with the concept that what happens to the memories that we have created after we are no longer here. This book is one that helps us to understand the importance of things we hold on to and how we can share those memories with others. I enjoyed the story and feel like going through someone else's life after they pass away is not an easy task. An honest book with alot of heart felt emotion.

The Secret Ways of Perfume
First of all let me say that I have been fortunate enough to visit perfumerie in France and it was wonderful. I had not planned on this, but it was added to a tour I did and I am so glad it was. I discovered some wonderfulness at that place! This book helped me to recall the experience that I had while visiting. I loved the story and how it brought our main character to places she could recall. It is amazing the power of smell that has on a person. I appreciated the setting, the characters, and this book very much.

River Keep
In this fantasy novel we are taking on a twisty adventure to help find a cure for Wull's father. This book was a very interesting read. I feel like it would be better played out in a video form because there is so much that you could do with it. I enjoyed the story and the plot, but would think it would come alive in that format. If you like books about magic this may be the book for you!

The World Without You
In this book, we are greeted by Bo who has the power to travel through time. The challenge is that this is only real to him. He meets his match in Sofia, but when she gets locked in the past, he has to find his way back to her. The book jumps back and forth from his perspective, to that of his family who tell the story of mental illness. This book is gut wrenching and interesting. I enjoyed it.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS