#SBPT Lefty from Left-Handed Book Lover

Sunday, July 10, 2016





Hi Everyone!

Happy Summer and welcome to the Summer Blog Promo Tour hosted by The Book Bratz! I am so excited to have been selected to be part of the tour in which I get to help promote other bloggers to you this summer on Sundays during the months of July and August! I also get the fun opportunity to post on their blogs, so I hope you will check out their posts as well!

Without further ado, let's kick this off with Lefty and some her favorite things!
****************************************************************

Hi there, everyone! My name is Lefty and I'm the evil mastermind behind The Left-Handed Book Lover. I'm so excited to be on Valerie's blog today and talk about my non-bookish loves.

So, here are a few of my favorite non-bookish thiiiiiings.
MUSIC
Confession: I'm a ginormicus choir nerd. Choir was my life in high school, and it still plays a significant role in my life now that I'm in college. I'm fairly certain if I weren't an English major, I'd be a vocal music major. (I'm literally the only person in my friend group who isn't a vocal music major.) I've gone to music camps, conventions, and competitions. I've performed solos. I've traveled to New York City and toured Ireland with my high school choir. Choir has opened my heart to new people, places, and ideals.

(this is a picture of me and my friends being weird in our choir uniforms)

But it's not just choral music in my heart. You can pretty much always find me with headphones in, listening to either Twenty One Pilots, Vinyl Theatre, Regina Spektor, or Catfish and the Bottlemen (but mostly Twenty One Pilots because they are everything to me!!!!). I'm pretty much always singing something, and my dad thinks I know every word to every song that's ever been written, and he's probably right.
NETFLIX
AKA the best investment I've ever made in my entire life. I love binge-watching TV shows on Netflix almost as much as I love reading. When I'm feeling exhausted, I turn to Netflix for relaxation. Sometimes it consumes my entire life and being. No big deal. In May, I posted about some of the shows I'd been devouring, and I think it's about time for an update. 

Thanks to Netflix, I've fallen in love with too many shows to count. But here are some biggins: 

  • Doctor Who
  • Sherlock
  • Merlin
  • Gilmore Girls
  • Orange is the New Black
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Hart of Dixie
  • The Office

(an actual image of me, 8 hours deep in my Bob's Burgers marathon)

CLOTHES, SHOES, JEWELRY, ETC.
Um, so, maybe, just possibly, I might have a shopping problem. When I'm not spending all my money on books, I'm spending it on clothes. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM YOU HAVE A PROBLEM OKAY GET OFF MY BACK. 

I pay for several subscription boxes and I have multiple online shopping apps on my phone. When my dad and I were talking about moving and looking at houses, my first question was always about how big the closet was. In my dorm room, I do not have space for all the clothes I bring and buy throughout the year. Also, I'm constantly running out of hangers. 

I can spend hours on pinterest, just looking up clothes and shoes and jewelry and other accessories. 

(My different pinterest boards dedicated to fashion)

At the moment, my favorite accessories are watches. My favorite summer look is a cute tank tucked into shorts with some sort of cardigan or jacket. Boots will always be my favorite shoes (I just counted--I own 11 different pairs of boots). 

Basically, the moral of this story is that I own an unnecessary amount of clothes, shoes, and accessories. 
Those are my top non-bookish obsessions. If you can relate to any of these, HIT ME UP. DM me on Twitter and we can chat to our hearts' content.


YOU CAN ALSO CONNECT WITH ME ON: 
MY BLOG
GOODREADS
INSTAGRAM
YOUTUBE

************************************************
 Thanks Lefty for coming on the blog today! Hope you guys will go check her blog out too! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS