Reading Recap

Sunday, July 3, 2016




Hi Everyone!

I realized that I have been reading a few books, but haven’t had a chance to stop by and share with you the books that I have read for the #CasualReadathonJ or the #TGTRAT. Both end today and I am happy to say both have been a success.

Without further ado though, here are the books I have been reading: 

Tonight The Streets Are Ours
Author: Leila Sales
I started this book for a buddy read for the #RockmyTBR challenge. This book is one in which we meet Arden and her kind nature. She has always been the responsible one, but lately she feels a bit taken advantage of. When she comes across Peter’s blog, “Tonight the Streets Are Ours” she feels like she finally has someone who can express what she feels. When they meet up in real life the adventure is not what she had planned. An interesting book about learning who you really are, what you portray to the world, and what it all means.

Yes Please
Author: Amy Poehler
In this book, we get to go behind the scenes with this famous comedian. I have to be honest, I was never a huge Amy fan until my best friend demanded to me (in a nice way!) to watch Parks and Rec. Even after that, it took me really until Season 2 to get into it. But once I did, I really enjoyed it. This book shares with the audience a lot of insight about Amy’s career, her stance on the world, and some of the challenges that she has had along the way. I enjoyed this book.

You Know Me Well
Author: David Levithan and Nina LeCour
This is the story of Mark and Kate. Even though they have been classmates for a long time, it is not until a set of strange circumstances and a party that brings them together. This is just the beginning of what becomes a friendship that both need. This book is not terribly long and I don’t want to risk saying too much more in an effort to not spoil it for the readers. I thought that this was an interesting book.

Here’s To Us
Author: Elin Hilderbrand
You guys know that this is the book I have been waiting for forever. I am so glad I finally got a signed copy for winning the #ARCApril contest. (Thanks Octavia and Shelly!) In true Elin Hilderbrand style, we get multiple perspectives when three women and their families come back to Nantucket to celebrate the life of Deacon Thorpe. We get to have flashbacks on their memories with him, as well as encounters with one another about the experiences. All while taking place on the beautiful island. (Which someday I hope to go see) I loved this book and the story.

Dakota Born/Dakota Home/Always Dakota/Buffalo Valley
Author: Debbie Macomber
In these four books, we get to visit North Dakota and the tiny town of Buffalo Valley. In each book, we get a closer look at the town, the people who live there and their lives. I enjoy Debbie’s books because you can tell that she tries infuse things that are natural to the place in her writing. She mentions a few real cities in North Dakota, as well as the University of North Dakota in her books. I also enjoy that there is elements of romance in each of the stories. While romance is not always easy and it sometimes takes time for the people to warm up to one another, they usually get a happy ending. It is the kind of book that I like to read.

Into the Black
Author: Rowland White
In this book we get to learn more about the NASA Space Shuttle Columbia and the back stories of the astronauts selected for that mission. I appreciated the details that the author took to provide about NASA in this book. From the very beginning you can tell this is a story that does not just scratch the surface. An added bonus to this book are the color pictures that are in a few sections. I am a visual person and seeing that really added to the story. If you enjoy stories about space, this book would be one that I would recommend.

Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS